Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

I've just about reached my breaking point.

User Profile
I am bi-sexual. I'm always getting made fun of, and I hate it! I've thought about suicide..a lot..I self-harm. My life is horrible. I've just about reached my breaking point.

My parents divorced when I was 9 on Christmas Eve. Since then I've hated Christmas. I started self-harming then. People saw my scars sometimes, and I got harassed. When I was 10 I finally realized I liked both boys and girls. I ignored it and self-harmed more. When I was 11 I started telling my close friends my secret. I self-harmed less. At 12 I told all my friends. They started rumors about me. I self-harmed more than ever. I'm 13 now. I can't stop thinking about suicide. I've lost all my friends to rumors. I'm about to just give up on life. No one pays any attention to me unless they are spreading rumors. I'm starting to cut deeper and deeper. Most of my cuts say stuff now. I try to cut where I can hide it easily. but the deeper I cut, the closer it is to the veins in my wrist...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DrummerBoy123
|

replied February 6th, 2011
Experienced User
Accept your self
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2011
My parents divorced when i was 7, so i know what that feels like. i started cutting at age 12. I am now 15. You should really talk to someone. is there anyone you trust? a teacher, counsler, a family member even. I started therapy and it does help to share your feelings with someone. get it all out. Though i have started therapy i still cut, deep ones too. So its a process, i encourage you to talk to someone about this and how you are feeling.
Good luck to you
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2011
Drummerboy123 is right find someone that you can talk to and if you can't start some kind of journal and wright everything and anything in it. The cool thing about that is stuff that you would never tell anyone else you can put in there and their is no right or wrong way to journal. You can put pictures, quotes, silly things that make you happy, things that make you sad, things you want to make a differnce in, etc.
Find out what your triggers are( the things really cause the want or need to cut) and address it. You can do it head on or in little steps. Start making goals for yourself weather it be short or long. If you really want to stop set that as your long term goal and take little steps to get their.
Find things that make you happy and do them weather it be wrighting, singing, dancing, making things, panting, dralwing, etc. Doing things like this help you really find yourself and grow your roots back sorta spaeck. Pulls in gives you less time to think neigtive things about yourself or to cut.
As for these so called friends if they walk out on you over stupid rumers then they are not worthy of you. That is not a true/forever friend. Friends stick together though tick and thin.

I hope that atleast a little of this is helpful to you. Good luck.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....