Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

I've had an unknown skin condition for 10 years,

I am 62 years old male, and I have severe red itchy areas on my lower legs that flare up from time to time, and I am frequently given antibiotics or even put on an antibiotic drip for this. See attached photos.
No-one has been able to diagnose it. I have been told it may be coming from the bones, but I have had bone tests which came back clear.
I have high iron levels in my blood (haemachromatosis) and I used to get blood taken off every few weeks but not any more.
I have type 2 diabetes. I also have high blood pressure. I previously suffered from Guillain-Barre syndrome around 15 years ago.
No medical expert has yet been able to diagnose or cure this condition and it is having a very debilitating effect on my life. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This seemed to be skin infection due to staph aureus bacteria or infected necrobiosis lipoidica.
You need to have tight control of diabetes and use antibiotics coveing staph aureus.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.