Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

I told my best friend that I have feeling for her, I need advice

Last month I told my best friend that I have feeling for her. I couldn't keep it to myself since it started to hurt me. She has a boyfriend and I know both of them very well. She was surprised when I told her but she told me that she is flattered and understands me, but she only sees me as a friend. I am totally fine with this, and now we still talk and meet a lot but it feels a bit weird, and she seems to be a little bit alerted from what I say sometimes. I know that it takes time to get over this, but I don't want to make any bad moves. What should I do and don't do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2019
I would try to distance myself from her. The closer you stay, the more pain you will feel. I know it’s cliche but time really does heal all wounds and giving yourself time to heal and get over her is the healthiest thing you can do at this point. Talk to other girls, explore other options because she isn’t the only girl that can make you happy. Finding happiness in other things and people will help you to detach from the idea that she’s the only one who can make you happy. Relying on one person for happiness and hope will put too much strain on you, so finding balance in your life will really help you to at least get your mind off of her and the hurt you’re experiencing. Waiting on her will only cause you more hurt. It’s good that you told her about your feelings, but now that you know how she feels, you can let go.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply