Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

I think i want to leave my boyfriend/babys father of 6 years

I am 19 years old and have been with my boyfriend since i was 13. we have a 4 month old daughter together and i think i want to end the relationship. He always points out my flaws and makes me feel like crap about myself.He is verbally abusive towards me and there has been a few times where we have had physical arguments. I really do love him and at times we are great together but i am not happy anymore and he says he isnt happy either. If we didnt have a baby involved the decision would be so easy. I dont want my daughter to suffer becasue we couldnt make it work. Also i am a full time college studen and depend on him finacially. This is another reason i dont know what to do, I still have 2 years left to get my degree and i think that without him i would have to drop out of college and get a job for my daughter. This is something i do not want to do i want to finish school. Some of my friends say i should wait to leave him till im independent and can do it on my own, im just no sure i can wait 2 years.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
How does your daughter benefit from being in a home where daddy insults and has fights with mommy? Seriously how could you look at the situation you're in and think it's acceptable. If you're in a bad position to leave I'd suggest working harder at fixing things with your guy but otherwise you need to get out of there and get your own support.
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Experienced User
Relationships - The Relationship Is More Important Than College!
If it`s as bad as it`s sounding to me, in order to be true to yourself and your daughter I`d drop out and find that job to support her. You may be able to return to your studies later but meanwhile save both of you and start again. The embarking upon and prolonging of relationships of only convenience, such as your own, undermines ones both ability and resolve for ever finding true happiness - The priorities required for happiness fade/become less prior.
From what you say it appears not a relationship that can be repaired(?)
Can you not move back to your parents? - You can say that I suggested it!! - Good luck in whatever you decide.
|