Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I think i may have schizophrenia but not sure

Hi erm i think i may have Schizophrenia or a disorder related to this mental illness, erm When i was a child about 8 the voices in my head started, it sounded like there was a civilisation that was talking to each other and to me but they was whispering or mumbling, the was this one female voive that tols me to"kill him", when i hit 14 the voices slowly went away i only heard them when i was half asleep, im paranoid MI5 are watching me on the streets and CIA might pluck me off the streets, iam paranoid that something supernaturally evil is after me, im dont feel safe in the dark and always feel safer in the light, im paranoid all the time, i have rarely any emotion, its been like that since i was 9 (im now 1Cool, in the past 2.5 years im displaying "negative" symptoms of "schizphrenia", i also find it hard to concentrate and even as i speak im forgetting what im talking about,im getting confused easily, i have more "symptoms" but not enough space to write it,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2012
I might understand what I think youre feeling in a way. I havent been diagnosed. I remember a doctor mentioning the possibility of something "paranoid with minor schizofrenia". if that even exists. So I may be off here, but when I was younger, about 8 as well, when I went to bed I used to hear one voice at a time say something loud and it scared me. I thought there was someone in the house and I yelled for my dad. I could hear what they said but it never seemed to make sense like "Andy killed me" or maybe "and he killed me". Like I would catch the middle of a sentence or something. I thought maybe, since I was a child, I was hearing ghosts and that I was supposed to help them. Like I had a gift or something haha. But when I tried to listen, they wouldnt happen. Only when I was half asleep like you said. They eventually stopped all together. But right before they did I went through a phase where it sounded like the voices came through a walkie talkie. Like there was static fuzz behind it or I was intercepting a landline phonecall (when we used those instead of cell phones Razz ). I dont know if you have experienced that or not, but Im really interested if you have. I give you hope that they will eventually subside like mine did. Althought I am 25 now so it took awhile.
|

replied March 3rd, 2012
Thanks for the reply, i also used to think they where supernatural in nature and that i was supposed to help them haha, and like u said it wason after a few times when i listened to them that they went away, i never experienced the walkie talkie thing, and the static noice although i do SEE static most of the time, ive never experienced like i was intercepting a phone call it was more like there was a whole town living in my head and i could here what they was saying to themselfs, to each other and to me, now im 18 and sometimes the voices can come back and i dont realise and when i do they either stay for a couple of minutes and go or they just go, ive never really hullicintaed ive only seen one dark figure and a dead female body, i guess im just sick of constantly being paranoid of everything and i want to know whats going on with other things aswell but im just too afraid to go to the doctor and it being put on my medical records :/
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2012
Well, when you have a lot of different things happenening it can be useful to organize them in a list and rate them in order from most impeding on your daily life to least threatening. Then when you feel like you can go to someone about it you can start with the one that really bothers you instead of ranting about a million things at once. I need to do that too. Goodluck, and remember they probably have heard it all, thats why were all here together. Smile
|

replied March 29th, 2012
Thank you, i am writing a list now but im forget half the time of my symptoms so im writing them as i remember or as im doing it, good luck to you too, and your right they have heard it all before i just need to keep reminding myself that lolz
|

replied March 29th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
There are supernatural evil beings though, and they are after us.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
thanks* im even more paranoid now, i dont know why but i am convinced that there is something supernaturally evil after me but sometimes im like dont be silly but when the light goes off i feel completely unsafe as if anything could happen to me, so i always feel safer in the light, i dont know im not religious so i dont believe that crap but yet i cant explain why im feeling any of this
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
I think that you can explain.

I just saw one the other day by the cans. It was just staring at me.

Everyone knows that they are there, deep down somewhere they can feel it.

The old peoples especially at least knew about them, and I say at least, not that it ever helped at all.

Isn't it funny how nobody seems to know anything anymore. Almost as if we were being lied to.
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
i believe the government lie to us all the time, about secret organsations that they are secretly hiring to kill or recruit people, i also believe the Vatican are hiding a secret that they are keeping from the rest of us, its just feels like there is more to this 'world' than what meets the eye or we are just looking and passing time but where not actually seeing or accepting whats REALLY there :/
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
It's true. There is more to it.

Secrets are an obsession with people, and in many different ways and for many different reasons, well, not so much reasons than insanity, insane reasons let's just say that.
|

replied April 14th, 2012
I Get what you mean for the most part Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2012
Please go see a doctor. Even if it means going to a free clinic. Many don't expect you to have any ID, so you wont have to worry about being 'put on the books' or having your medical file branded.

If you want, PM me and I'll get back to you with a list of suitable ones in your area.

My warmest regards,

Katherine
|

replied April 27th, 2012
You don't need to see anyone if you aren't a danger to anyone including yourself.

They will only drug you.

Have you ever seen the movie visioneers? Try that one out. I think they were called "inhibitors" in that one, they made people very "happy".
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Thank you both for taking time to reply i appreciate it,
@Katherine i will PM u thanks for offering, im still scetchy about telling the doctor about this but i am seeking help for me self harming,
@oopsagain, thanks for the input, im still not sure if i do have schizophrenia, its hard to explain, and im sorry if im explaining myself bad, but its like when im around people i know i can supress the 'thoughts' and to an extent the paranoia but not completely, its only when im by myself or im at a place i dont feel safe in etc that my thoughts will be 'full blown' if u know what i mean, and my paranioa is all the time, im even getting anxiety for just something as simple as cooking beand lolz anywhoo thank you both again for replying
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....