Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

I think i have chronic insomnia.

User Profile
I am a Male 26 and unmarried. I have a problem about sleep. I sleep in night at 10 o clock, but every night i get up automatically approx 3 o clock. And then i dont get sleep. I think i have chronic insomnia. I dont have any stress in my life all things are good, aslo have a loving and caring girl freind. i never tried any sleeping pills. This problem is along with me since last 3 year. Plz suggest me what i should do. I dont want to try meds.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2013
Experienced User
Look into precursor's that increase your Glutathione levels.
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2013
What do you mean really?
|

replied March 13th, 2013
try online-therapy.com they really help you. ive been with them for several months now and have made good progress. not cured yet, but still working on it.
|

replied March 13th, 2013
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Pearl. What you are describing is actually common. A lot of people experience this. I did, and found a way to make it better.

Historical accounts show that before the advent of electrical lighting, when people would spend much longer in bed (especially during winter), sleep would often be divided in the night. A first sleep of about 4 hours would be interrupted by an awakened period of one or more hours, followed by a second sleep of about 4 hours.

To help yourself sleep more solidly through the night, there is a simple drug-free solution to try. Just cut down on the amount of time you allow in bed.

So if for instance you normally allow 8 hours, try cutting that back to 7.5 hours and see what happens. If that doesn't help after a couple of weeks, try cutting back to 7 hours.

Give yourself a couple of weeks on your new consistent schedule before making changes. You'll soon discover your best sleep timing.

This technique is known as sleep restriction therapy, and it is part of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. For more info on this, you can try googling CBT adult sleep training methods or something similar.

Good luck.
|