Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

I think doctors don't know much about mono.

Ok so it's been 3 month. I do feel better. I never had the swollen lymph nodes. My mono symptoms were more neurological, like body ache all over, tremors in hand and feet, extreme weakness which I could barely walk, heaviness in arms and legs, dizziness. I do feel better but I keep getting the body aches not as severe as before, also the heaviness in legs and stuffs too. And dizziness !!! I keep asking my doctors and they say " oh those are not symptoms of mono, mono symptoms are sore throat, swollen lymph modes and fever. Like flu symptoms. I am concerned and scared. If those are not mono symptoms what is it that I have. Oh and I forgot about the twitching in my legs. I had an MRI and ct scans and is normal. Please I need help. Has anyone had these symptoms? Did they went away?
Also I read that mono causes multiple sclerosis and autoimmune Deseases!! I am scared because I had neuro symptoms .
I am 26 female. Also I had a UTI infection which I took antibiotics and I had sinus infection and I had to take antibiotics again. I am scared that mono+infections+ct scans all in 4 month my body is in danger of developing cancer,als or ms in the future. Please help. Are these symptoms normal. Did you get your life back, relapse? Etc?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2012
I have the heaviness in my arms and legs too occasionally. It feels like I have pressure in my head or am really foggy. My neck is stiff and sometimes feels like something is swollen.but I can't feel anything with my hands. I suspect I had mono for several months but was just recently diagnosed when my fatigue became worse. I hope we both recover soon.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...