Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

I still feel something is wrong?

User Profile
4 years ago I had unprotected sex with a man I barely knew. When going to my obgyn for checkup, I was told that I caught chlamydia and hpv. I stopped having sex with the man and 3 months later went to clinic to get tested for hiv and the results were negative. A year later I entered into a relationship and then caught chlaymdia twice more and gonnorrhea once. I stopped having sex with him and he went on to have two healthy babies. I haven't been tested for hiv since the first guy I was with but I feel as though I may have symptoms. Throughout the years, I have had weird skin symptoms with doctors not knowing the reason including hives, rash, itching, burning skin sensation when running or exposed to cold air, body aches. I haven't tested positive for any stds in 2 years (with the exception of hiv as i haven't been tested in 4 years). My bloodwork has been drawn and tested twice within a year (except for hiv) and I have been told that I am healthy but I still feel something is wrong???

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A29091
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Most of the symptoms that you had, including that of the skin, cannot be attributed for HIV. They were most probably due to allergy related causes.

Since most of your sexual partners, are currently leading healthy lives, you need not worry about your HIV status.

In case, it is bothering you too much, you can easily get over it by getting a HIV test done, which will help you forget the past and live your future.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.