Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

i smoked weed and got a panic attack

i smoked weed a month ago , and got a panic attack. the next day i was fine but then got the panic attack again because of the fear of getting the attack again. i was feeling dizzy, had trouble breathing but then started to get better . now i feel fine but whats effecting me now is my eyes and feel. i can't focus on things and tend to daydream alot and i see things in slow motion. when i move my hands it looks like im moving slow. it feels like life is moving slow and i just don't know whats wrong with me . i don't know if its depersonilzation diorder or anxiety but i just hate it and wanna cure it. help...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2011
stop smoking weed.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2012
I don't smoke weed for that very reason. It gives me panic attacks. On the other hand, perhaps it's triggering an anxiety that you really must take notice of.

Are you ok now?
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
U smoked it LAST one month ago? I can understand the panic attack after u originally got high but if u havent smoked since than and ur still feeling odd a month later its not the weed.
|

replied January 9th, 2014
It isn't the weed. Although the weed can intensify anxiety. You should be checked with a doctor. It could be panic disorder.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...