Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

I sleep around 9 hours a day, last 3 hrs are the real sleep

Please help me with my sleep problem. I sleep around 9 hours a day. The first 6 hours go without me noticing much and then I wake up for a few minutes and then when I go to sleep then it is very relaxing sleep, and after those 3 hours I wake up relaxed and as if I have been healed. But if I don't sleep again after the first sleep of six hours then I feel tired and sleepy all day. So it seems like those last 3 hours are the real sleep.

I hope I am clear, I mean I sleep 9 hours a day, I wake up after around 6 hours and then go back again to sleep for next 3 hours. If I don't get back to sleep after the first 6 hours then I am very tired and sleepy all day. But if I go ahead and sleep for the next 2 or 3 hours after the initial sleep, then I feel relaxed, healed and refreshed. It seems like those 3 hours are the real sleep and there seems to be no effect of the first 6 hours of sleep. Even though those 6 hours is peaceful sleep too.

What is wrong with me and how can I fix this? Please help me, this is ruining me. I will be very grateful!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2012
Experienced User
You are asking for help for nothing. When you are just fine. Usually most people need 7 to 8 hrs of sleep. If you wake in the middle of your sleep, your body didn't get complete rest. So if you want to go back to sleep again for the remaining 2 to 3 hrs of sleep.
|

replied June 8th, 2012
I am sorry I didn't expect such a rude reply. But even if I don't wake up, still the first six hours of sleep don't seem to relax me whereas the last 2 hours seem to be amazing. I have a serious issue here, please don't ridicule it if you can't help or don't understand.
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Actually it is not so serious.. It happens with most of the people whose mind cant be calm while sleeping..Do you have any tensions? Do you think about them while sleeping?
|

replied October 25th, 2012
some relief?
i am suffering from sleep problems as well are you talking about sleeping during the day? Because I take 2 or 3 naps during the day and stay up all night...this wouldn't be so bad except stress is making it hard for me to alter my routine. I have been off my depression medication for two months. I haven't needed it. Now I am so stressed and anxious I need something. This might seem unrelated, but to some degree it is not. It sounds like you are depressed either just in conjunction with or as a consequence of sleep problems. I can't help myself but maybe if I give you some advice I will take it myself. Exercise during the day, no naps, calming bath in the evening...if this does not create a 6-9 hour period of deep sleep, then you should go see your doctor. (I hate to say that..but it might do you some good.) Also, embrace routine, if you drink coffee or caffeine do it in the morning. If you are obese, lose that weight...but dieting is a fragile balance. Over eating and under eating can make your problems worse. So avoid stress, stress inducing foods...and relax..breathe.
|