Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

I shut down and go to this different world

I stop responding, and I basically mentally and emotionally shut down. Then I end up being asked questions by my dead best friend (she died June 2016) and it was super hard. These moments are becoming more and more frequent
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ZahiraAR
|

replied January 1st, 2017
Sorry that wasn't very specific. But I end up in this room and she just starts asking me questions about our friendship (not bad but I just want to forget)
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Deep down thought process and feeling of some where else should be evaluated for bipolar disorders as you have a family history as well. Also should be looked for other possibilities like anxiety and depression. Let your psychiatrist have a look and proceed accordingly.

Take care
|

replied November 20th, 2019
Hello,

My friend had a similar problem. She started having trouble thinking at hand - never was the case before - or concentrating for that matter. She didn't know what to make of it. However, after grilling her to take it seriously, she consulted her doctor. Considering all her symptoms;
1. Unable to get out of a mental stupor
2. difficulty performing a minor task.
3. Lack of concentration
4. Cannot stay focused and a certain focus of light disturbs her deviates her attention, among many more.

These were not abrupt, but slight changes over the weeks which she neglected and blamed on the stress of work.
I'm glad she took it seriously as there is a proper term for slight changes over the time "Episodes of Psychosis" called a prodromal period and it is a psychotic disorder which if not diagnosed earlier can deteriorate the mental health. She is taking proper treatment for it and I hope it helps you to seek better help for your condition.

Best of Luck!
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2019
Experienced User
I don't think so that you your mental health is too bad you just remebered your old freind it's not a bad thing when you miss someone then you definitely talked about him or thing about that person ...
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.