Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

i sex with a unknowen call girl first time in my life

sir i sex with a unknowen call girl first time in my life at last month with condom and the condom was not broken and after 38 day i cheak my hiv hiv1and2 both are nagative so there is any chance of hiv
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 25th, 2012
38 days lets say 6 weeks A neg antibody test is 99% accurate Read below hope this helps ya

10. How long should I wait to test and what is the 'window period' ?

We know approximately how long it may take a person to produce antibodies to HIV based on years of data, research and advancements in testing.

A person who has contracted HIV may show up positive as early as two weeks after the time they were infected. According to page 11 of the Module 6 Training Manual from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the vast majority of those who contract HIV will show up positive between 4—6 weeks after infection.

To obtain a reliable test result, it is recommended that you wait at least six weeks after your last exposure. A tiny number of people may not test positive for three months. These are generally people with pre-existing immune disorders such as chemotherapy patients or recent organ transplant recipients who must take immune system-suppressing drugs. For this reason, many agencies will suggest a uniform three month test to cover everyone.

Testing beyond three months is completely unnecessary.

Here is a chart with approximate accuracy of HIV antibody testing:

Time Accuracy

2 weeks…………………………50%

3 weeks…………………………75%

4 weeks…………………………95%

6 weeks…………………………99%

3 months…………………….100%

11. Why do some places say to wait 3 months, 6 months, etc. to test?
Science (even medical science) is not perfect, and cannot account for every situation a person may have going on with their bodies. For this reason, not everyone will have enough antibodies to test at the same time. Those with weak immune systems can take longer to develop HIV antibodies.

Many resources lump everyone together to give one recommendation (for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this is 3 months). Some places suggest longer window periods because the staff may not be eeucated with regard to updates in testing procedures. Still, others may use the longer window period as an effective scare tactic for behavior modification. Overall though, six months is far more than anyone needs to wait.

Ultimately, a person can only educate themselves by using resources like infectious disease medical professionals, state HIV hotlines, and local AIDS service prevention and education organizations to gather information and make the decisions that work for them. There are websites where questions can be asked and answered about HIV transmission, and that is the purpose of those sites. It's not the purpose of this one. This is a site for people affected by HIV to congregate and find support.
|

replied June 26th, 2012
thank for ur reply.but one doctor told me to wait six month.so what should i do?
and i made one time protected sex and the condom was not broken so there is any chance of hiv.if any chance so what are the pesentage
|

replied June 26th, 2012
From the CDC there is no reason to wait 6 mth for a conclusive result 3 mounth is the normal for a conclusive result most people will show poz 2-6 weeks and some people will take longer 3 mths if they have immune problems like chemo therapy ex so three mth would be conclusive. It dosent sound like you even had a exposure with having protected sex you did the right thing by using a condom.
|

replied June 26th, 2012
doctor plz reply me
and p24 test after 40 day is sure the accurece of the result?how mach percentage?
|

replied June 26th, 2012
p24 antigen testing may be used to help diagnose early HIV infection. Levels of p24 antigen increase significantly at about one to three weeks after initial infection. It is during this time frame before HIV antibody is produced when the p24 test is useful in helping to diagnose infection. About 2-8 weeks after exposure, antibodies to HIV are produced and remain detectable in response to the infection, making the HIV antibody test the most useful assay to diagnose an infection.
|

replied June 26th, 2012
sorry but i want to know if p24 antigen test are nagative at 42 day that mean have not hiv?and i would not take further test?
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....