Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I see bubbles in my urine and my menstrual blood?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hello, a few days ago I was having itching and burning and cottage cheese like discharge and I tried treated it with yeast infection cream, I then began to see brown discharge with red spotting and that was about two days ago. Today my period came on and I see bubbles in my urine and my menstrual blood. I have never seen this and havent started seeing this until my boyfriend fingered me I was wondering if I should be worried?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A37707
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms of altered vaginal discharge, itching, burning, brown spotting, altered periods that you describe could suggest vaginal or cervical infection. Infection could have been introduced during sexual contact or fingering. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation and keep the area clean and dry.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.