Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

I resort to cutting myself. I don't even know what to do.

User Profile
In the past 3 months, I went through withdrawal of a boy in my life. I understand that I'm still young, and I understand that I'll find other boys in my life. I am still full of depressing thoughts and memories and I can't stop how I feel. I realize that I may need some time but when I'm really stressed or when the emotional pain I feel is too much to endure, I resort to cutting myself. I've cut the back of my left hand as well as the insides of my arms. Sometimes when I tell people, it just scares them off... I don't even know what to do anymore. Frequently, I feel extremely alone and my mind wanders back to the boy in my life and how he left... Which causes emotional trauma and before I know it, I'll have cut myself. I don't intend on suicide from this, but the pain takes away from the emotional pain I feel. What should I do...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2011
Self Injury Answer A25193
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

I am sorry to hear about you and I can understand that what you are going through but you need to understand that the one who does not deserve you and your love is not worth that now you ruin the life for him.There are many instances where such things occur but you have to move on in life.You will have many other good guys waiting for you.Come and enjoy the beautiful world.You have to be strongheaded.
Do not be alone and spend time with friends and family.Enjoy your hobbies music,movies,driving.Do some form of exercise daily.Kindly stop harming yourself it is not going to help in any way.It seems you are going in a depressive state.
You can also take help of a Counsellor if you want who can help you in coming out of the situation but remember everything is in your hands.
Be strong and see this world.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Self Injury , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.