Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

I recently forgot how to tie my shoe!

I recently forgot how to tie my shoe. I tried three or four times and just couldn't process it. Within the same week I also forgot how to wrap my hair in a towel. It hasn't happened again and that was a month or so ago. But I am concerned.

Although I don't expect a definitive "answer", I hope someone can steer me in the right direction for research. Neurological concern? Memory concern? CVA concern?

If this happens again should I see a doctor?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
OctoberFebruary,

It depends. Did you forget how to tie your shoes and had to have someone show you, and learn all over again? Or was it just for a few moments, then it came back to you?

If it was just for a few moments, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is not that uncommon to have these episodes, especially if the mind is occupied with some other pressing concern.

If you totally forgot, and had to relearn it, then that is probably of some concern.

But, if you are worried about it, either way, ask your family physician. He/she may refer you to a neurologist for further evaluation. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....