Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

I need to vent... (Page 1)

User Profile
Has anyone else paid any attention to that lady that just had octuplets? The one who already has six kids, no job, living off student loans, just lost her disability check? I am outraged. Seriously. Ok, the Duggars are one thing. They can at least FINANCIALLY afford that many children (whether or not they can actually provide each child with what they need as far as individual time, I am unsure of.)but this lady...this lady is JOBLESS. Not just that, she says she was on disability due to an injury involving a riot at the mental institution she worked at in which one of the patients knocked a dresser or bookcase or something over, right onto her lower back. Now, see, that sounds off to me. Because, no way in H-e-double-hockey sticks would I EVER want to carry the weight of EIGHT babies around if my back was in SUCH BAD SHAPE that I REQUIRED A DISABILITY check. Anyone else have thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
glad you brought that up
I saw her on Dr.Phil today and have been following her story.I find it horrifying that she is doing this.She seems mentally ill to me.She really does.I am not being mean or hateful,just stating what I see.I see a mentally ill woman when I look in her eyes.There isn't much there.And she is so selfish and self centered.I cant remember the last time I got so fired up over a hot topic.She already had 6 kids,was living at her mothers small house with her mother,who wants her out..she has no job and is collecting Social Security for 2 or 3 of her kids that she already has..shes a mess.....selfish and wrong.I think she may end up losing all her kids if she doesn't get her act together ASAP.The fact that she had invitro for all her kids and keeps doing it is crazy..why doesn't she stop already? Its 2 late now...sad sad sad...
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I agree. I really don't understand how she can feel justified in saying she wanted a huge family just because she was an only child and felt very neglected as a child. So what? I was not an only child but I have been through things in my life NO child should ever be put through and I would never EVER decide that the only way to fill that void is by having a mass amount of children that I cannot afford, emotionally tend to, etc. It is very, very sad. I feel for her children and I do think she loves them. But I think that there was gross medical neglect by her fertility doctor. No fertility doctor I have ever heard of would inject SIX embryos into a woman with back problems and the supposed uterine problems she had. Two or three tops. Back when in-vitro was new, they had to put more embryos in, as it was not an exact science and we really didn't know how many would survive. Yes, the eggs can split. But you can see that we don't have nearly as many quints and up. Because doctors (the reputable ones) know now that generally at least one embryo will "take". So two or three is standard unless you are younger and healthier. I do believe that they will responsibly "inject" up to 5 embryos in that case, but it is still rarely heard of.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
motherofhighspiritedones wrote:
I agree. I really don't understand how she can feel justified in saying she wanted a huge family just because she was an only child and felt very neglected as a child. So what? I was not an only child but I have been through things in my life NO child should ever be put through and I would never EVER decide that the only way to fill that void is by having a mass amount of children that I cannot afford, emotionally tend to, etc. It is very, very sad. I feel for her children and I do think she loves them.
Me 2. My parents had 3 kids and did a number on us as well.I am sure she loves her kids but is it a healthy love or is it an obsession? I don't know.Time will tell.I just hope she steps up and does the right thing.But I doubt she will...there just is something not right when you watch her and listen to her..
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think she is insane, no offense or anything I have a hard enough time making ends meet with two kids. I think she is irresponsible in every shape way and form, no offense but there is nothing noble about bringing 14 kids into this world with nothing.

Some people have kids to fill a lonliness inside of them, when she could have found a hobbie to do the same thing, that is cheaper.

Im so with you on venting, it's effin retarded!
|
Users who thank diamondsz for this post: homerx 

Extremely eHealthy
This is completely irresponsible..i can't even believe and doctor would actually go through with this knowing the woman was a)jobless and b)had 6 children already! what the heck is she going to do with 14 kids??? HOW is she going to support them? I feel terrible for them, this woman is completely insane,i'm so irritated...seriously..i dont think the elevator goes up to the top floor if you get me..theres something wrong with this woman, i watch jon and kate plus 8 and i dont see how THEY do it! and they're very responsible and organized people, and they only have EIGHT kids not 14!!!!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
She mentioned during one of her interviews that she was an only child and wanted lots of children to fill that void.

She missed the bus on this one. Why not become an elementary school teacher or work / own a daycare?

She wants to finish school...so what? Does she not realize how much childcare cost? Nevermind, she won't need to pay as her poor, worn out mother will continue to help out.

I believe she did this because she is selfish, irresponsible and not living in the real world.

First she denied that she was not getting help from the state / government...well, for now she gets $490 a month in food stamps...

Some people may want to help out for the the children's sake and this single mom of 14 will continue to rely on others instead of being self sufficient. Sad, sad, sad....

The fertility clinic is just as much (ir)responsible than she is....
|

Community Volunteer
What is wrong with Dr. Phil? Why is he giving her the publicity that she is asking for? Is he that hungry for fame that he, too, joins this frenzy to get the highest rating....Who does her well manicured finger nails?....Who did her lips so that she could look like Angelina Jolie?....This has been a known fact....Why was all this cosmetic surgery done before the babies were born....Why a big doctor on Rodeo Drive in Los Angles?....Everything for publicity...

Earlier she made the comment that she wants to have a Reality Show....She wants to join all the others....Now we are in a recession and a nut like this shows her face with 8 babies who will require a private nurse for weeks before they can come home...She already has one poor Autistic child and with eight who have not had the proper time in the womb for development as they needed, what are their chances of being healthy?....It will ultimately, be up to us in this country, to have to support this kind of action that doctors perform....They want to have glory and the the ultimate word at the end that will ring in our ears, is a word that we are becoming acquainted with....It is called "bailout"....This could come from either the hospital, public service or this stupid woman who could not get her ducks in a row....

Thanks for getting this vent off today....I was in the mood for it.....

Caroline
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
She now has a website with pictures of the 8 little ones.

Also a place to leave a comment and / or make a donation...accepts credit cards...or if you prefer to send a letter or mail a check, that address is listed as well.
|

I hate this story so much, I'm someone who doesn't want children because I'm mentally unstable but yet doctor after doctor refuses to give me the Essure implant, a tube tying or a IUD because I might change my mind and they view it as medically unethical. Where the hell were the medical ethics when a doctor implanted her with all of those embroyos. I have been in tears in doctors offices pleading to get fixed, I've had a abortion years ago and I don't want to get another one, I want to be fixed so I don't have to go though that again. A pregnancy is not a option for me, I'd have to give up my medication or the child would likely be born with medical defects. There are no good options if I get pregnant, I've told doctor after doctor with no result, doctors don't care about my wishes but they will totally ruin eight innocents lives by having them born to women who has no ability to care for them much less pay for them. My boyfriend can't get a vasecomy until we get married, and even then it's a huge if, we havn't found a doctor yet who will schedule one after our marriage, it's always come back after your married.

This story burns me up so much, there is nothing wrong with wanting a big family or having lots of children if you can raise them and give them all enough attention. But don't think for a minute that this women can give all of those children attention. What happens when school begins, there are not enough hours in the day to help eight children in the same grade all do their homework. I one of nine children (Catholic family which explains it all) and very close in age. I was the oldest so I ended up being the "second mommy", I missed out a lot in my childhood and teenage years because I was forced to raise my siblings. No after school programs or sport because I had to get home right away to help my mom with housework or my sibs with homework. The one I feel the most for is the oldest, only seven but when I was seven I was expected to help change diapers and watch my sibs, so this poor kids is screwed too. What I'm afraid of is that the mom is going to take all of the donation money and get another round of IVF. She is sick and needs help and those poor kids are screwed, they have no good options available. Hopefully the mom gets the help she needs because she is sick and those kids deserve a mother who can give them the emotional support they need growing up.
|
Users who thank engelrani for this post: diamondsz 

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Crazy woman
Finally I agree with mother on one hehe

I can't believe of a woman so self-centered like this one. In bad economics times how she dares to have this many kids and expect somebody else pay the bills. I totally believe she and the doctor both looking for fame and money. In the least this doctor needs to have his license revoked. He had been exploiting the woman too using her as a lab rat for his experiments as I read in an article because she was of his only few patients he has success in getting pregnant. His clinic had the record of being the most unsuccesful rates in the country. This can explain why she was able to afford the IVF's obviously someone that poor as this women can't afford to have so many IVF's. The doctor has already court cases of tax fraud. So the doctor is basically a criminal.

I have hope this incident will help create new laws regarding fertility treatments across america as this need to be regulated.

And I tell you this, she will get what she wants. I bet discovery health channel already have made her offer for a reality show.
|

Re: Crazy woman
nightangel73 wrote:
Finally I agree with mother on one hehe

I can't believe of a woman so self-centered like this one. In bad economics times how she dares to have this many kids and expect somebody else pay the bills. I totally believe she and the doctor both looking for fame and money. In the least this doctor needs to have his license revoked. He had been exploiting the woman too using her as a lab rat for his experiments as I read in an article because she was of his only few patients he has success in getting pregnant. His clinic had the record of being the most unsuccesful rates in the country. This can explain why she was able to afford the IVF's obviously someone that poor as this women can't afford to have so many IVF's. The doctor has already court cases of tax fraud. So the doctor is basically a criminal.

I have hope this incident will help create new laws regarding fertility treatments across america as this need to be regulated.

And I tell you this, she will get what she wants. I bet discovery health channel already have made her offer for a reality show.

She was getting around 50 thousand in Pell student loans, not sure how it worked (I didn't go to college so I have no idea how federal grants work) but from what I understand she was able to get the checks out to her instead of the school and used that money. She is also on disability and food stamps plus her moms pays for a lot of her stuff. I guess she was able to save up enough and most have gotten a loan for the rest to pay for it all. Your right, Fertility laws need to change, no one should implant eight embryos, especially when you have no idea if that person will selective abort should all eight take. It's beyond unethical, I'm hoping that all of the babies will be healthy but three of her other kids have mental healthy problems and these babies are already at a low birth rate. I have a feeling that most will have major health problems down the road. As for a TV show, I'm not so sure, I don't see her make for good tv. She's too messed up, she has children with special needs and likely some of the newest eight will too and her home is a mess. It will make for some serious emotionally downer television. Most of the people would only turn into it for the trainwreck effect. I'm pretty sure that most people would be so disgusted that it would be canceled due to public outcry.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I feel so sorry for those little babies. What a rough way to start out in life, living in the NICU and not able to thrive on their own like healthy babies. I wonder if she even feels bad about that or if everything is always about herself. And what prospects do they have for their future? I really wish people wouldn't use their children. I think these kids were just brought into the world to bring their "mother" the attention she craves. I hope they get help from somewhere. And not just financially but that they get the love and care they need. I just can't see much of a happy ending for them.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Okay I need to vent after watching another video of her....

For a woman who is so smart she lacks common sense, how the heck can you have 14 kids and NO job. Seriously I have no respect for woman who think popping out kids is the only thing they can do, it drives me insane, there is so much more to life.

I feel like Im listening to a teenager who wants to have a kid to play "doll" cause they see parenting as fun "reality check."

So she says I want to fill a void, that is the worst reason to have a kid or get into a relationship for, it equates to being insecure and desperate. I see so much more in life or thing that I would like to do with myself, than wasting my life away raising kids. Like I said before there is cheaper hobbies to do or even stuff that is free that can keep you preoccupied. Humans are not toys !!!!

AHHHHH~!
|

replied February 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I will be the first one to admit that she is two bricks short of a full load....But....What is the person who is low in the intelligence skills in life going to think when they are seeing Reality Shows like what are on right now, making money hand over fist....They are writing books...Houses being given to them...Taken on trips....Surgeries done to make them look better....I mean, last time that Jon and Kate were on she stood in the kitchen window of this probably 10 acre new home that they purchased with every amenity possible and said "All this is mine"....She did not earn this....She had kids for it....She is sacrificing their life to make a name for herself and her husband and making money.....I am sorry but that is what it amounts to....So we have dumb, dumb out in California who wants to look like Angelina Jolie and going to have more...The first couple days she was told she would have a Reality show and a couple of million dollars....This having all these kids bit has turned into a circus.....And who will pay....The kids....We will simply get sick and tired of seeing them as it is a fad....

Just my thoughts on this but boy I had to vent...When I saw what each child was going to cost before they left the hospital I couldn't believe it....
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
If she even thinks about a reality show...who the hell would watch? Who the hell would actually let her have one. The woman has bigger problems then 8 preemies and 6 other children at home. Turns out she was actually TRYING to have a child when she was a teenager. Lucky for us, her uterus and fallopian tubes were scarred from ectopic pregnancies and possible endometriosis or some other defect and she was unable. But good old IVF gave her 14 kids.
Now to me, a single woman with a job having one or two IVF treatments is fine. Which in the beginning, she did have a job. But a woman who is on disability because of an injury to her back...and jobless, with six kids already...there is something seriously, emotionally wrong with this woman. Apparently some documents were released by the Workers Comp stating that she was emotionally unstable and that they feared she would take her own life. As far as her looking like Jolie, I think most of it IS coincidence, except for the nose. I do believe she had a nose job. But her looks are beside the point. I think she is an emotional scumbag, and I do not say that lightly. She has problems and I feel horrible for her kids. All of them.
And Caroline, I agree with you on the house and the surgery provided to Kate (from Jon and Kate Plus Cool. It is wrong to help these women and their large families have EVERYTHING...it is fine to want to help with clothes and diapers. But to provide a huge house and every amenity included in the house and then to provide plastic surgery...its wrong. I wish that every woman who has had a child, even one SINGLE child could at least get plastic surgery on their abdomens to restore them back to pre-baby shape. Well, maybe not all women, but the majority. I am lucky not to have been marred by the process of pregnancy and birth, but it does happen often. The only reality family I approve of in any way (although I do not approve of some of their aspects about religion and lifestyle, but those are their morals and beliefs) is the Duggar family. They have the means to provide for all of their children, at least financially. They built their own home, and are part of a real estate business. Now, whether or not they used some of their earnings from their reality show on their house or whatnot, I don't know. And whether or not they can emotionally give to all their children, I also don't know. But I think what draws us to Ms. Angelina Jolie Wannabe, aka Nadya Sulleman is the fact that she is single, which is no big deal if you are and have kids AND a job. But she is also JOBLESS, using money from student loans to provide for her family, using Food Stamps. Did you also know that her disability checks stopped when she was pregnant with the octuplets? Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that they thought she was a fraud? I think so. Any woman who has been pregnant will tell you that the pressure and strain put on their backs while pregnant with just ONE fetus is immense. And then to have to carry that newborn around until the toddler years, all that up and down motion can really make for a bad backache. Now lets add Nadya's "back injury" to the table. She supposedly suffered a very bad back injury. Imagine having back problems already from having a few pregnancies and carrying toddlers around, add in a back injury from a riot where furniture supposedly fell on your back so hard, it prevented you from holding your baby, which made you suicidal (she said this), prevented you from working, now who WOULDN'T be suspicious when this woman wanted to get pregnant again? She needs help mentally.
Oh and Caroline, she was lucky her octuplets were born when they came, instead of earlier. The cost of my SINGLETON born at 24 weeks was 2.3 million. He did of course have medical issues that her 8 babies are lucky to not have to face, but it is still a staggering bill. We were not required to pay any of it, but we do have insurance provided by the armed forces branch of service my husband is employed under. She has no job, so I don't know where her insurance is coming from.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: homerx  diamondsz  diamondsz 

replied February 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
engelrani, you sound a lot more mentally stable than most people, especially more stable than octo-mom.

I'm shocked that your doctors won't even give you an IUD. That is not permanent.
|
Users who thank aochriss for this post: motherofhighspiritedones  diamondsz 

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2009
Community Volunteer
LOL Aochriss...love the new nickname for her...octo-mom! giggle
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Octomom Vs. Angelina
motherofhighspiritedones wrote:
LOL Aochriss...love the new nickname for her...octo-mom! giggle
You know,she keeps having surgery to look like Angelina Jolie..including botox and lip plumping cologin injections yet she doesn't work and has 2 of her kids on SSI glance its just bizarre and weird... looking she doesnt work at all and hasnt for years...but she now is working on a book deal, a movie of the week and possable a TV show...I guess she may be smarter than we all thought.Watch her get rich by being Octomom!!!!!!!!
|

Community Volunteer
I have too big of a mouth and am too bugged off about this subject so I took my post off.....This is the biggest and most disgusting mess that I have ever seen.... Rolling Eyes
|