Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

I need to reduce my body fat at least up to the average.

User Profile
I'm a male age 38. Recently after having a body check up, I found that my body fat is more than average. I need to reduce my body fat at least up to the average level.

How do i reduce this body fat? Currently I'm not taking any breakfast, just a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast & full meal for lunch with rice & 2 vegetables & again rice for dinner or sometimes some other food. I also don't have a regular exercise. I'm not a vegetarian.

What kind of exercise can reduce the body fat & how do i know which food contains a lot calories? How much calories do i need to burn every week? What are the risk if the body fat is more than average?

Hope any doctor can answer my questions.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2013
Womens Conditions Answer A45167
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Aerobic exercises are known to be helpful with burning fat, and should be combined with other things like regular diet (low fat and low carbohydrate). If needed you may also take help of dietician/nutritionist and get started on a proper diet plan (not eating does not help, you need to eat, but eat right). You also need to visit your doctor/healthcare provider for thorough evaluation to confirm/rule out any other cause for your altered body fat percentage (especially rule out hormonal or endocrine pathology). If any abnormality is detected, appropriate treatment measures would be started to help you correct it and also aid with weight loss. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.