Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

I need some professional insight please! i am going to go insane

My Ex-girlfriend and i had sex during her period. I did not ejaculate inside of her, as i pulled out. I am aware that Pre-ejaculate could contain Sperm, not coming with it from its production, but from the last time i Ejaculated. I am positive that i urinated well before intercourse between us. She recently had a surgery to remove a hernia in her abdominal area and she claimed that her doctor told her that she should of been expecting an early period, she didnt get it at the time it was "supposed to". What her doctors supposedly told her is not making any sense to me as i did my research as well and found nothing of a period expected to come early after a surgery of this sort. She has been on Oxycodone, and tylenol for the pain and as i would guess high levels of stress due to our break up and major problems at home (physical abuse, so she claims) and now adding this situation to the mix. She says that shes been feeling nauseous and has had loss of appetite. I've been stressed out over this and I've lost appetite all together as well so im guessing that could be due to the stress as well. I am under the impression that the possibility of her being pregnant is extremely low but i just want and need a professional to tell me that everything is fine. It has been exactly one month since we had intercourse too.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2014
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Stress and drugs can often delay periods. Since you did not ejaculate inside her, chances of pregnancy are very low but withdrawal method is not 100% effective and your girlfriend should get her pregnancy status checked.

Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period.

Otherwise she can get a serum HCG also done which is more specific than urine pregnancy test.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.