Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

I need help Will it get better? Am I the only one?

My name is Michael. I am a gay teenager from Mississippi. I'm depressed and suicidal over my autism. I don't have any close friends that don't abuse me. I've been to many thearpists but none have helped. I've been to rehab but it made me more depressed because they made me realize that I can't be social with other people without people hating me. All I want in life is to be able to hang out with friends without being akward or weird and to have a boyfriend. Do any of you have any advice? Will it get better? Am I the only one?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2015
You're not the only one. I am a 26yo high functioning autistic and sometimes all I want is to be like every one else.
You just need to be strong and know that all you need is one friend that excepts how you are and that will make all the difference.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2015
do whatever you make you feel good. Don't ever think waht people think about you.
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...