Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

I need advice or comfort! Not sure!

I just would like to have an open eye tell me how they see my situation and maybe if someone has been through something similar before. Anything could help me right now. In november my boyfriend of 6 1/2 years was in camp and phoned me at 6 in the morning and left me. He told me he just didnt think i was his forever. He said he couldnt keep it in and act like everything was ok on the phone when he wouldnt be home for another 5 days! I was so heartbroken and mad that he had no courage to actually leave work and come tell me. It wasnt that far of a drive. I wont forgive him for that but i can deal. So two night later i started thinking that my stress had cause me to be late for my period. I ended up taking a pregnancy test to ease my mind and sure enough it said positive, i went to the store the next moring and took 6 more all positive. I am now 6 months pregant with a baby girl and so happy for that. She is definitely pulling me through so far! So i know he is a good man, we had an amazing relationship. we never fought. and he absolutely blindsided me when he broke up with me. after i fond out i was pregnant and he was devastateded, never wanting to be a dad in the past and now he knew he had to be.since just after christmas he started brushing me off and being kind of mean and sarcastic and rude. He barely ever asked me about anything about me or babywise. To me and his entire family he turned into a stranger and not just me all of them are so hurt and confused by him. he is so far beyound being himself its very hard to understand. I moved back home, 5000km away to have the support of my family. It is now march and two days ago i found out he had a new girlfriend. He had his whole family and our best friends lying to me about her as he has been with her for almost 2 months, we werent even serperated for 2 months! He got so mad at me because i found out about it without him getting to tell me. We talked on the phone and apparently worked out some stuff. I want to do the right thing and have a good relationship with him for our daughters sake but doing the right thing and not losing it is very hard to do. Even tho he is far away from me i know he is sincere in wanting to support me and be as good a father as he can from where he is. I am having such a hard time because i love this man more then words can say and even with all the hurt and painful things that have come between us i still love him. Loving him still after all this i feel very discouraged with myself and even stupid that i could still love him. I just want to know if anyone has been in this spot and if he is just rebounding with this women (who is 9 years younger then him at 20)if i should be doing something differently. someone told me to know what i want because theres a chance when the baby comes that he is going to see how bad he screwed up and want me back has this happen to anyone? Please help me if not what to do about him but how i get to a happy place. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2013
Experienced User
You loving guys like that is not gonna set a good example for your daughter, even if he is her father.
|
Did you find this post helpful?