Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

i may marry within 45 days and i dont want to be unfair

User Profile
Confused of STD From Oral sex

Hi all,

25 days ago i do oral sex with Chinese CSW girl with unknown STD status , my penis was having irritation due to a hard dry self masturbation one hour before meeting her and i am afraid that any thing passes through this irritation.
I have done a PCR RNA hiv test 9 days after this intercourse and came negative.

Yesterday i have got a small blister or canker sore on my tongue with slight pain.

I was stupid to do this and i am now really confused of getting any STD..

So my questions are :

1- Did a PCR test for HIV test is conclusive after 9 days )the ROCHE company says that it needs only 7 days for discovery of the virus) or should i have to test again (it is very expensive!).

2-Is there a risk of any other STD like herpes (esp i got a sore in the bottom of the tongue).

3-Is there a risk of hep b-c for this kind of intercourse? and what is the nearest time to get tested for them.

Please clarify me esp i may marry within 45 days and i dont want to be unfair with the innocent girl.

Thanks too much

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2012
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A35124

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out.

Confirmation for HIV is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot, PCR and ELISA. These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body. So it is essential to get ELISA test done at 24 weeks after suspected exposure to the virus.

Secondly, there is a risk of herpes by giving oral sex but it usually presents outside the mouth rather than inside the mouth.

There is a risk of transmission of hepatitis B and C after oral intercourse. The incubation period for hepatitis B and C is 12 weeks and you should get the final test done after 12 weeks.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.