Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

I'm turning 16, tips on how I can increase my height?

User Profile
Um, I'm turning 16 in a couple months and I stand at 5'6 but I'm trying to grow four more inches to be 5'10. Any tips on how I can increase my height? I regulary stretch and I'm very active with a good diet. I just want to know if i may be growing further in the future.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2012
Vitamins Answer A37357
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height.
Drinking milk, stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.

Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.

Exercises as cycling and swimming would also be quite beneficial at your age.You can consider doing them.There are many pills, injections etc., available through internet which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful and do not waste your time, energy and money on them.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Diet, diet tips
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.