Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

I'm too jealous How do I get over feeling like this?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend is a total sweetheart. I have known him since I was 5 and repeatedly loved him throughout the years. We are going on three years now. He proposed to me a promise ring and is now looking at engagement rings. He always says how he wants to marry me and have children together.

I grew up with a father who would always point out girls with huge breasts. (Public, movies, magazines, etc) My Dad would say that some of my female friends were sexy and such. I am extremely insecure. My first "boyfriend" hid the fact that we were together and eventually I had enough of that. I don't think I am pretty or sexy although my current love always tell me that I am.

He does not have any female friends because of me (He never really did anyways) but I mean if he talks to a female I feel so scared. Not because I feel that he is going to cheat on me...I know he would never do that. But, I feel scared in the fact that he would think she's prettier than me or she's sexy.

Whenever we watch movies or go out in public and I feel scared of some female who shows off her cleavage or whatnot he puts his head down as to not see her. He is so sweet in doing this...I know it is not right though. I always ask him "no like?" and i know this is driving him crazy.

How do I get over feeling like this? Please don't say just get more confident...I know that. I need steps or something to stop feeling so scared and that everyone is better than me. Please help...it is so unhealthy for me and our relationship.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2013
Experienced User
i am insecure.. and i am 15 (2013). its not easy getting over insecurity and i believe that it never really goes away.. what u really need to do, is to believe in your boyfriend.. if he says he loves u, then he loves u.. he will not look at another girl if he is entirely committed to u.. but u dont want to be clingy and desperate.. look at yourself thru ur boyfriend's eyes.. and maybe u aren't perfect to u.. but u are perfect to him
|

User Profile
Experienced User
i am insecure.. and i am 15 (2013). its not easy getting over insecurity and i believe that it never really goes away.. what u really need to do, is to believe in your boyfriend.. if he says he loves u, then he loves u.. he will not look at another girl if he is entirely committed to u.. but u dont want to be clingy and desperate.. look at yourself thru ur boyfriend's eyes.. and maybe u aren't perfect to u.. but u are perfect to him
|

Thank you for your reply. I know what you say is true...it's just so hard to stop feeling insecure.
|