Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm so worried about my mental health

Hi everybody,
I really don't know from where to start.. Well i have a lot of changes of moods, i can be happy or smiling and then just tell myself " why am i happy ? or smiling ? i shouldn't " then my mood just changes from happy to sad, broken and depressed.
Also, when i do care about someone or someone does care about me, i just can't handle it, so i do everything to drive them away.. or i just leave them. I'm so insecure.
I have a great family and a lot of friends, but i always feel alone.. then i feel worthless; i just don't why.. it's like i just don't fit in this world. Sometimes i don't want to eat just to punish myself.. for what? I don't know !..
And the worst of all this, is the night, i just can't stop my mind from thinking about a lot of stuff, bad stuff. And i can't sleep, i can spend hours at night on bed doing nothing just thinking, thinking and thinking.. and it drives me crazy.

I can't tell my family about this, it will make them sad and worried. so i'll be glad if someone helped me ... please.

P.s: I am 19 YO
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2014
Thank you for asking

You are just overwhelmed with unnecessary anxiety and paranoia. All you need is a good psychiatrist and rehabilitation with a few psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy sessions and you will be good as new. Also with advancing age this phenomenon will narrow down.

Seek a psychiatrist and let him/ her help you.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Dr Shafi Ullah Khan for this post: sachidave 
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.