Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm not worthy of anyone's love

I had a controlling mother. Went into catholic high school, only males. Dropped out of college, didn't go out because parents didn't allow. Later, I completely stopped going out. Wasted my twenties playing video games. Lost contact with friends.

I was never in a relationship. I'm 31 years old. Never had love, never had sex, never felt being loved or held hands with a girl or a woman. I was always anxious with approaching to girls, afraid of making fool out of myself, worried I won't be creepy or getting rejected. I always played safe and never approached women i liked.

Things changed for me. I'm living alone in my own apartment, I have a car and a permanent job in a big internet/mobile provider company and I have a steady income.

Year ago I met this girl at work and was smitten right away. I mustered courage to ask her on a date. She agreed to go to coffee, but only as friends. I accepted that. I felt sad, but after a while I got over it. Year later, she started approaching me. She would ask me how I am, what am I doing etc. She asked me if I will go to a company party, as she is planning to go as well. At company's Christmas party I asked her out on a date. She said yes.

She texted me next day, saying she is going on vacation for 2 weeks, but when she comes back we will plan a date. I was never so happy. We texted few times a week.

When she returned, I proposed a day week in advance. She said that unfortunately that day her cousin has a birthsday, but maybe some other day. Never proposed a reschedule. We texted for 2 months, I always initiated. I felt she isn't interested anymore.

So i said: "Do you want to go out without any expectations on my side?" She said: "I don't want to give you false hope. It's stupid to me. I'm sorry." She said that after 2 months, all while my expectations whnt higher.

I felt devastated when she texted that. My world crashed. I had feelings for her over a year now. I had hope I have finally a chance.

The next day I saw her on work. She was smiling and asked me how I am. I just went pas her, saying only hi. I was angry, sad, pathetic, miserable. I texted her that I need space because I have feelings for her. She said to text her when I feel better if i want.

2 weeks later I texted her and asked if she wants to be a friend. I guess she felt I wasn't honest in intentions being a friend. I was having hope. "Maybe starts liking me... Maybe she gives me a chance." She texted she doesn't feel pleasant because one day I'm saying one thing, the other day other thing. I got really confused with that. I said to her: "You told me to contact you when I'm feeling better. I do realise I was acting needy and desperate. But, please, try to understand my side of things. I think it's OK to like somebody. and as It may sound weird, I was never in a relationship even though I'm 31.It's due to some circumstances and also, since I went to a male catholic school, I didn't interact with girls much back then. I'm really bad at this. Sorry." She just replied: "Lets not make this unpleasant" I just stopped contacting her then.

She would later glance on me, while I wasn't looking at her. I noticed. However, now she is avoiding me completely. I am not approaching her, speaking to her, coming near her. But, now I just feel like she hates me. If I would walk somewhere and she noticed, she would turn her back... For a woman I would give my entire life, I'm not good enough even to say hi.

I lost all of my friends during 20's due to being alone, playing video games. They are all either married or moved out of this pathetic country of Croatia.

I started going to a psychotherapy, gym, felt good for few days. But now, more than ever, my suicidal thoughts are strongest. I feel unworthy of anyone. I am always considered a good guy, never as someone who might be wotrhy of relationship. I am a low life, miserable scum. I don't need to live. Nobody is here to understand me. Nobody calls me anywhere, no friends, I don't have nobody to spend time with.

I'm invisible to women when I go anywhere, when I enter a room. Nobody even notices me. Nobody will miss me. I'm feeling I'm not worthy enough to live and I should end it.

Only love I ever had was from my parents and my dog.

I'm crying typing this. I can't anymore. Can't. No more crying... Dead don't cry.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2018
*Hugs you*

You are loved.
|

replied October 12th, 2018
huhuhu don't think anything bad about yourself because of a woman
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....