Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm just so lost. I don't know what to do.

Hi, I'm sorry if my English is bad, its not my native language. Anyways, I'm a 19 year old girl, and I've been in a serious relationship for one and a half years, and we live together. I struggled a lot with depression the last year, I were on medication for a while, but I stopped after some time, because I wanted to make it on my own. 6 month ago the doctor told me it was because of b12 deficiency, and I regularly go there to get my shots of b12.

Still I wake up in the morning, I'm stressed and I feel alone, and I'm tired ALL the time. This is embarrassing, but i fantasize a lot, and now I've been fantasizing much more than before, and it is about meeting a guy an fall head over heels and everything becomes perfect. Its almost like an obsession. I love my boyfriend so it scares me to think about someone else. It's not that i don't want the relationship i'm in, i think its more about self esteem. Being someone special, being "perfect" for the other person. I really don't know.

I just feel numb, and I wanna run away from my life. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I just feel so lost. Like I'm in the dark. I'm seriously hoping something will happen to me so I can get away from all of this, like an accident or something like that. I feel like leaving it all behind, just leave and don't come back for years. I just want to do something. Its hard to explain, but if someone knows what I'm talking about it wold be great with a response.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hero94
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I'm not sure if you like dogs but Every animal shelter is full of depressed dogs that spend their days and nights locked in cages. A lot of animal shelters will let you take the dogs for walks. Walking a dog is a great way to get your blood flowing and it takes your mind off your problems even if just for a little while. It helps. And think of how grateful that poor homeless dog will be for your kindness.
|

replied March 30th, 2012
Thank you. I really think that could be a good thing to do. I really appreciate that.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....