Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm feeling really worthless right now

I'm entirely new to this forum, but judging by the other posts here, this is the place to post about my feelings like this.

A year ago I started university and I felt like the most enlightened person on Earth, walking in the hallowed halls of knowledge with fellow erudites. Cut to three and a half semesters later and I'm intensely depressed and on the verge of failing three courses, one of which I failed before.

I want to be a doctor and I went in fully knowing that it's not easy and would require a lot of work. But right now I'm doubting if it will ever be possible. I seriously don't know what I would do if I truly fail to get into med school, because for me failure is a non-option. Getting a PhD in science has been my one and only goal since elementary school and I have no other life plans besides this one. If I fail school, I fail at life.

I really have no excuse for this. Basically I have been procrastinating since the semester began, promising myself over and over that I will work hard...as soon as I finish reading this comic. This led to fail all my midterms, which got me intensely depressed and I simply stopped studying altogether.

I really don't know who to talk to. My family seems to be under the impression that I'm a brilliant science student and it hurts too much to talk about my failures. I'm pretty much all my friends are sick of my complaining about my own shortcomings, so I don't want to bother them anymore.

What should I do? What can I do?
I barely have any money myself so my parents have to find out about this sooner or later, but I really don't want them to.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2011
HAVE YOU ASKED YOURSELF WHAT GODS PLAN IS. INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN. WHAT IF HE WANTS YOU SOMEWHERE ELSE. WE CAN NOT STOP THIS. DONT BEAT URSELF UP YOU WERE PLANNED FOR A REASON Smile
|

replied March 24th, 2011
No.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....