Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

I'm 13 and have a few questions...

User Profile
Hi. I'm 13 and have a few questions. Lately my breasts haven't grown equal. Is it normal? Can I do anything to fix it?

Another is my virginity. Will it hurt to lose it? Do I still have it, because I stuck a finger in pretty deep and didn't feel the skin thing...

Is there anyway to lose my virginity by myself? I don't wanna boy to hurt me first time :(( I'm sensitive...

And most importantly.. my period. I got it 4 years ago. And it comes irregularly. Like every 3 months then every 5 months. Is this bad? What could it be :(

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2012
Breasts Answer A34263
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Breast size varies in every woman and the assymetry is quite common during the developmental years.You need not worry about this as you are quite young and by the teenage ends most of the woman have equal breast size.Even after full growth it is normal to have one breast slightly larger than the other.

Regarding the virginity hymen is a thin membrane present at the vaginal opening and it can be broken by itself due to exercise,swimming,cycling etc.If not broken then during intercourse some pain might be felt.Without an examination it cannot be commented whether it is present or not in your case.

During the puberty menstrual cycle is also irregular and the pattern and blood flow might be different.It would be regular after few years as the hormones are normalized.
Relax yourself.If even after 2 years the periods are not regular then consider visiting a Gynaecologist for hormonal evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.