Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm alone and depressed.

I have two sons and I'm 25 years old. I have custody of them because their mother is on drugs pretty bad. I have a house my mother let me take over the mortgage on so we could have a home to live in. Sounds perfect right? Well I met this girl that has two kids as well. We hit it off and she moved in rather quickly. I fell in love with this girl but she is hard to deal with. She is always arguing with me even if theres nothing that could normally be argued about. I was laid off my job and just got a new one. Since I was laid off, bills have piled up and no money has been coming in. I have an electricity bill due in two days or their going to shut everything off. I don't get paid until 5 days from now and it won't be for the amount I owe because of it being my first week working. My girl is angry with me for this and the only words or affection I get from her is negative. If she's not arguing with me or telling me how much of a bad person I am, she's in a different room alone with no intention of speaking to me. I feel like I have everything I could dream of around me but it's all falling apart. I feel more alone than I ever have before. My kids are having to stay with their mother because I have to work and none of my family will help me. I only have a mother and sister that live near me. No other family. I have no friends because I only work and do things with my kids. I don't have time to go out and I usually don't have a babysitter either. Not to mention when money is flowing in, I don't have money to go out because I spend it all on the mortgage, insurance, or anything else for my kids. I have a beautiful girlfriend but I'm so unhappy with her. I'm unhappy because it's almost Christmas time and I don't have enough money for bills let alone presents. I feel like I'm failing at everthing I've worked for this year and I don't know what to do. Everyone around me seems like they hate me and all I try to do is help and do for everyone but as soon as I'm financially stumped, I'm the worse person in the world. I've only been struggling financially for one month and everyone acts like its the end of the wold and treats me like someone who is just letting everything go and like a loser. I feel so low right now I don't know what to do. I feel like running away but I can't because I have two kids that need me to be there. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm scared and worried. Why do I feel so alone?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2008
Supporter
Hi blstrge,

It sounds like you're really in a tough situation. Just know that the woman who is always creating problems is really unhappy with herself. Encourage her to go to relationship counseling with you if she is interested. Otherwise, it might be best to move on. She will not change later down the road.

Also, you might be able to talk with a social services person or even Toys for Tots and have some toys donated to your family this year. We all need help every once in a while. You're doing all the right things...and you certainly deserve the help. Keep your hope alive. Things will turn around!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....