Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I love to talk, but lately its just been so hard, sometimes

User Profile
Hi, Im an 18year old male, and this problem occured to me around lastyear or maybe it has gotten worse that is why i notice it. So i basically have a talking problem not like a shy one or ansxious feeling type. Its been hard for me to talk lately which Is wierd because im a very social person, but lately my jaw feels weak when i talk, my throat feels very irritated and dry, my whole mouth sometimes becomes dry and ite hard for me to say some words now, like even if i want to say something to someone ill say something then itll just be hard for me to talk and ill just stop talking. This is making me very mad and at first I went to the doctor because I always feel like i have mucus in the back of my throat that I have to constantly swallow which makes my throat very dry. All the doctors I went to just say to drink more water, which I do I drink almost a gallaon a day. One of the doctors thought I had an anxiety problem, which I know i domt because Im a very confident person and I love to talk, but lately its just been so hard, sometimes slurs just come out of my mouth and i feel that is much harder to talk because of my jaw feeling tired and my mouth/ throat being dry also with the mucus I always have to swallow. I know there is so many problems i am stating but its really bugging me, because Im in college and want to talk to people more but i just cant! If anyones been in mh situation, could you please tell me how you dealt with this. I would really aprreciate thank you so much.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2015
Mens Chat Answer A53637
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Something stuck in throat feeling, constant need to swallow it, is likely a sore throat and a postnasal drip. it could be air ways inflammation or GERD as both present this way. Also i would like you to get neurologically examined as slurring of speech and inability of talk should always be followed by a nervous exam to rule out any nerve related problem. with history of anxiety and neurosis it is very common and can manifest this way.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.