Medical Questions > Relationships > Grief and Loss Forum

I lost my mom 5 months ago.....

Hello everyone,

I lost my mom 5 months ago and it feels like it was yesterday. I have days when I am not so bad but I have more days where my heart just breaks all over again and I begin to cry uncontrollably. I don't know what to do. I miss her so much. I have always been this person that can talk her way out of depression and hard times but this one really has a hold on me.

She passed away on Dec. 12 and so far I have barely made it through first birthday's that she will not be there for, first mother's days without her, and really soon it will be their last grandchild to graduate high school and my parent's anniversary which they would have celebrated their 46 year together.

I went to her grave for the first time since we buried her and I was able to only go there one day because it was so hard. My dad didn't seem to understand that because everytime he has the opportunity he goes and he thinks that I should be able to do the same and I just can't.

I just feel lost.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2011
I lost my Mom 3 and half months ago and it also feels like yesterday. I'm sure our strong emotions are common but that doesn't ease the pain. The fact that they are no longer with us is still very hard to comprehend. I went through her birthday and my birthday but the holidays are coming soon and I dread them this year instead of looking forward to them. I don't know how long it takes to let go enough to feel at least a little comfortable.
|
Did you find this post helpful?