Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

i know these symptoms are normal but...

okay so i know that headaches, extreme hunger, etc are normal pms symptoms, but i was just curious how soon before your period it's normal to have them? i usually start getting these symptoms sometimes up to two weeks before my period is expected. my period is due in a week and i literally have the worst migraine. on some forums i've read women don't get pms symptoms until a few days before their periods. sometimes i feel like my period just ended and i'm already pmsing again!! am i a freak of nature? haha
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2017
Community Volunteer
PMS is medically defined as just a day or two before your period.

It sounds like it is cycle related, but not neccisarily strictly PMS.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.PMS symptoms startfive to 11 days before menstruation and typically go away once menstruation begins.It's related to a change in both sex hormone and serotonin levels at the beginning of the menstrual cycle. They usually stop afteryour period starts.The symptomsofPMS canbe very similar to those of early pregnancy. So it's all normal, don't worry.

Take care
|
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.