Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

i just want someone to talk to who cant judge me

I'm finding it hard to talk to any of my family or friends about whats going on in my life and i really need help ! I'm going crazy one minute im happy and laughing the next im in tears and i just dont want to be here. i have an amazing boyfriend but i cant talk to him for fears that ill upset him with whats going on in my head and im scared that it will effect his health (his a type 1 diabetic)

My parents have recently spilt up and i just dont no how to cope. my dad still loves my mum but my mum hates my dad. its a painful and horrible time in my life and i just dont know what im meant to do. im being asked to choose sides and being the oldest on of my siblings im meant to look out for them and make sure there ok. who do i go to ?

my university work is really coming down on me and i cant cope with that i cant seem to do anything right and its making it worse. do i forget about everyone else and concentrate on me? am i selfish for wanting to end everything ?

nothing i do is right anymore i cant make anyone happy
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2012
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through but I am glad you are reaching out as you are not alone even though it may seem like it to you now. I don't think that it is fair for parents to put their children in the middle of their struggles but unfortunately it happens all the time. When I was a sophomore in college my parents split and it was so hard for me because it was a time in my life where I needed some stability and something or someone I could always fall back on. Unfortunately my parents weren't there for me either. It sounds like you are at a University and I am wondering if you have health benefits through your university. That is where I turned for help. I was able to see a counselor who helped me through and set me up with a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. I would assume that it is normal to feel up and down under your current circumstances but I would like to recommend you seek a counselor who is objective and can see the situation without the emotional perplexity you find yourself in. Of course that is just my suggestion based on what you wrote and I hope that you seek out someone you can talk to even if it isn't a counselor but an objective party.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....