Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I just feel so hopeless

User Profile
I am 29 and I have had to move back home with parents again. I can't find steady work. I spent most of my life doing manual labor and was fairly happy, but it took a toll on my body and I am no longer physically capable of doing it. I can't seem to get an interview anywhere. I feel like my life force is draining. I just want to sleep all the time. I'm getting badly out of shape and have become ashamed of my body. I don't talk to women anymore. I barely see my friends. I feel like my life is pointless and the future seems hopeless.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Remigius
|

replied October 2nd, 2013
I am in the very same situation as you, Im living with my father, depression comes and goes, what made my depression a lot better was when I entered a program to receive a job coach, I really didn't want it, but it made me move forward and not backwards, it's a good idea to enter such things within your commune or city or whatever you might have, even if you don't want it, because you can talk with them about anything, they give great support, Ive had four and they are all like my best friends.

You can also give yourself a job, a hobby can be a full time job if it pays well enough, there are many solutions to it, you can start your own company too, it's a lot of work in the beginning but there is help and support to get all the way.

The hard thing is to keep staying active when there is no place to go everyday and nothing to do, it will make you depressed, but the best thing you can do is staying active, find a hobby, doesn't need to cost much at all can be something very simple.
|

User Profile
How did you find a job coach? I have been to several employment agencies and all they can offer me is pay by the day labor. Which I can't do anymore because I have problems with my knees and ankle and can't be on my feet all day. I would love any kind of help I can get I just don't know where to find it.
|

The place that offered me job coaches is a place you go to when your unemployed to talk about your situation, I have no idea what it might be called for you but that's generally what it is.
If you search around the internet you can probably find information about a place like that.

There is also meetings for unemployed to attend to, you have a chance to meet people like yourself and you work together as a group to achieve your goals and support each other, if there is none then you can start one yourself, you are never alone in your situation.

I personally avoid employment agencies, I don't think it works, not for me at least and very few of them offer a job coach.
|

User Profile
I have done lots of searches, but anytime I put in the word job or employment I get a bunch of results for the same job listing sites over and over. I will keep looking maybe I can find something. Thanks for the reply.
|

No problem.
The ones you find are the most popular and they will pay anything to get on top of your search results.

Hope you find what you need, good luck.
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2013
I think you can also talk to friends, relatives...anyone else around you for some other opportunities they might know somewhere!

Also ask your parents, too...
They gonna be the one who care about you the most, no matter what happen in this life!

Just talk to them coz they can have more experience as well as relationship than you & they will let you know what you should do in this case!!!

Be strong...

Remi
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2013
You can also spend time to some talk, discussion, facebook...go to your hometown, visit some old friends!

Taking part in some charity activities is also good for refresh yourself...

Take care,

Elihu
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2013
Yeah, i like participating in some helpful events coz it brings me the good feeling by giving hands to the people around me!
|

replied October 11th, 2013
the idea of a life coach here was to place me in a program with people with sever physical handicaps. I have been in medical management until I was fired for having a handicap, When I no longer had money to assist my friends, I learned I have no friends, medical care is very limited. I just don't see any reason to go on.
|

replied October 22nd, 2013
Experienced User
It is important to realise that there is often a clear reason for the lack of self-confidence and it is usually experienced (a feeling of doubt, uncertainty or even dread!) in relation to a particular area.

Improving self-confidence is therefore something which can be achieved through applying and experiencing the following process:

1. Having the desire to achieve a goal.
2. Identifying what you need to learn.
3. Applying what you have learnt.
4. Receiving feedback (then if necessary going back to step 2).
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....