Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

I hear voices. sometimes they are calm, but lately ...

I have always heard voices, sometimes they are calm, but lately have gotten (for lack of better words) angry. I am 34 and have dealth with them every since I was a child I was never really afraid or worried about it, hell in all honesty I figured as long as they were there I was never alone. I have used a strict regiment of meditation and stress relieving excercises to keep it at bay. In Nov I had a stroke and since then I seem unable to control it all. I get freaked out sometimes cause I will see things...not like literally but in my minds eye see some very creepy things and the voices have grown more intense. Could the stroke have buckled the defensive walls I built to hold them silent? Am I losing my mind? Sometime I will burn myself cause honestly when I am in pain I don't hear them. I just want it to stop....Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
There are medications that can help that condition. It's very treatable. No, your not crazy. You have a chemical imbalance in your brain that can be treated and improved. See a good doctor and get started on meds. There's a good chance for you to greatly improve. You have the strenth to deal with it, so get out there and get help. Blessed be.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....