User Profile
Hey guys, would really appreciate your thoughts cause im going out of my mind. I got unprotected oral and a handjob from a street prostitute when i was drunk over 10 weeks ago on vacation.

After 4-5 days i noticed a slight difference in the area around my groin and it had a strong resemblence to swollen lymph glands. As the day went on i started feeling sensations in my arm muscles and a couple of days later(a week after encounter)i woke up with pains in my joints and muscles and was developing some flu like symptoms during the day in work.The next day the swelling had gone down in the lymph glands but the pain in my joints and muscles had worsened, as did the sweating and flu symptoms. Later that day i noticed my tongue was white and feeling really dry and there was a burning sensation in my arms.

Weeks on and 10 weeks after exposure,A lot of the symptoms such as muscle and joint pain particularly in my knees, ankle and back is persisting, as is the fatigue and I'm gettin stomach cramps more often particularly in d right side. Iv now a mild itchiness and redness on the tip of my penis, my anus is mildly sore and there is a sore between by scrotum and anus from time to time. I haven't gone to my doctor yet kinda wanted to wait til gettin a full std test done after 13 weeks from a private clinic. I got one done after 8 and a half days and everything came back negative

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2011
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A29489
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Most of your symptoms appear to be due to anxiety induced, rather than that due to HIV or any other STDs. They could also be due to common cold viruses, that occur during winters.

Since the STD tests done at 8 weeks after exposure, have been negative, it is more likely that you may be STD free.

Here are a few facts that you need to understand about oral sex and HIV. ‎

There have been no studies measuring the risk of getting the AIDS virus through oral sex alone. But available ‎evidence suggests that:‎

‎1. HIV is not easy to get from any kind of oral sex.. The risk is much lower than that of unprotected anal or vaginal ‎sex. This is because HIV is normally only present in saliva in very low levels that are not sufficient to cause infection. ‎The linings of the mouth and throat are very resistant to viral infections such as HIV, so infection is unlikely if they ‎are healthy. ‎

‎2. Bleeding gums, gum disease, and sores in the mouth can make it easier to get infected with HIV through oral sex.‎

‎3. It is much easier to get HIV from sucking than from getting sucked. ‎
There have been recorded cases of getting HIV from sucking or giving head BUT ‎
There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from getting sucked.‎

You may consult with your doctor for a complete physical examination and counselling, which will help you get over the thought of being infected.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.