Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

I have warts on my vagina, how can I get rid of them?

User Profile
Hi, I have warts on my vagina, on the lip by the clitoris. I am sexually active. I feel like they are growing and they make it hard for me to enjoy sex. I also love masturbating and I really don't know what could have caused these warts. They have lowered my self esteem and I can't talk to anyone aboout them. Please help me, how can I get rid of them and also boost my immune system. I don't have a medical aid and public hospitals are not helpful in such cases. Honestly speaking, I am really scared of seeing anyone, I'm scared of what I might find out and how it can change my whole life completely. I am also scared of being judged. Please assist.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A38766
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment whether the warts that you describe are common warts or venereal warts without examining them and going ahead with further evaluation. Common warts (not genital or venereal) usually resolve spontaneously within 18 months. If application of salicylic acid preparation, freezing, etc have failed, then further evaluation would be necessary to determine the type of the warts. If the type gets confirmed as being HPV, then removal should be considered. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification and assistance.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.