Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

i have thrush but it wont go away

User Profile
hello, i have thrush but it wont go away i have went to the docter loads of time and they keep giving me the cream and the pill but it wont clear upit just calms down slightly first a bit but then comes back,its constantly sore, ive had it for over two years and i cant have sex because its too painfull, my partners cleared up but mines wont please help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A21421
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Each time you get treated, your partner should be treated simultaneously and you should avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. If the infection is persistent or recurrent, consider requesting your treating doctor/gynecologist to get a culture sensitivity test done on the discharge to look for causative agent and the best suited medication to eradicate the infection. Drink plenty of water. Keep area clean. Use loose cotton undergarments. Avoid use of harsh soap, perfumes, deodorants, any chemical use. Keep diet healthy and eliminate refined sugars from diet along with caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.