Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

I have pain in ankle and sprin at night

I went to the doctors he said Gout
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2018
If it's an acute flare of gout then NSAIDS like naproxen o diclofenac can be advised along with tramadol. In severe painful condition colchicine can be given in acute stress within 36 hours after the acute episode subsides then the Uric acid levels need to be kept below 6 milligram per deciliter as maintenance via uric acid lowering drugs. Alcohol and foods containing high purines eg red meat and other junk food should be avoided.

Strict diet control can only lower uric acid to 1 milligram. Treatment with Allopurinol or febuxostat should be emphasised upon and taken regularly. Diet control plays an additional part and helps in reducing the severity of flares.

|

replied June 14th, 2018
Experienced User
I have my next Dr. appointment in a couple of weeks and with the help of my new shoes I am hoping I wont have to get shot's in both of my heels again for Plantar Fasciitis. I also haven't had to wear my boot as long in the evenings. The only thing I wish is that they had a few cuter styles in boots. I love both pairs of orthofeets that I bought.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gout , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.