Ever since early last year I have been having problems connecting with the people in my life. I constantly fight with my father, my mother always sides with my sister, who hates me, and I don't hardly talk to any of my "friends". I cry myself to sleep most nights because I don't understand what's wrong. My parents are always trying to get me involved in things I don't want to do, and people have just stopped liking me. I find myself spending all my time reading and doing things on the computer, because that way no one will judge me and I can be myself. I guess what I need is some advice on what I can do to be more normal and connect with my family again. I'm just one of those people that doesn't fit in, and it seems like there's no way out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2009
Experienced User
I just sent you amessage of help for you, don't be feeling that this is all your fault, it's not, family issues are always due to a communication barrier of some sort. read my message & reply freely knowing that messaging through this site protects your details from anyone else knowing them so it is safe!
God Bless!
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Try and communicate your feelings with your mother and father. You may not realize it at this time in your life, but your parents love you unconditionally. I know it might seem hard to confide in them, but I think you will be surprised by the results.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
my son and i moved from philly to jacksonville, florida. i dont know anyone down her. i currently have a boyfriend that travels alot, and a female associate. but usually im always by myself. i was always like this, so this isnt a problem for me. i was the black sheep in my family, i always felt out of place b/c they would drink, bar hop, cuss like sailors, and i was more of the shy church girl.
it has to be altease one friend that you have that you really like, and that understands you. it's not good to isolate yourself. i dont like being around large crowds like parties, or places i have to mingle in the crowds i feel out of place.
it has to be more things that you love to do.
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You would need psychotherapy sessions to learn self coping strategies to overcome this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied May 27th, 2019
Don't fall down.Ecerybody has the same period in his life.
Just be strong and move forward.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Single and Struggling , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.