Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

I have mono and high elevated liver function

User Profile
5 days ago I went to the doctor, had a blood test and it came back confirming that I have mono and high elevated liver function. Everyone is saying that to get better I need sleep, however the last 3 days i have only had about 5 hours total of sleep. At this point my tonsils are so large that I have trouble breathing, I also have a severe blocked nose which is causing mucus to hang around in my throat blocking what's left of my throat, so breathing is incredible hard right now. I also have a severe dry mouth making breathing and swallowing extremely painful, and because of all this it takes a lot for me to get to sleep and once I do fall asleep I will wake up an hour later in extreme pain in my throat. I am going back to the doctor in 5 days for another blood test to check on my liver but there's nothing she can do for my throat, I've been drinking nothing but water and drowning in pain killers that dont work and I don't know what else to do, I'm so tired and don't want chronic fatigue

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2016
Mononucleosis Answer A59744
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Infectious mononucleosis also called glandular disease is caused by EBV virus and it's self limiting disease and only requires symtomatic treatment fatigue improves over duration of three months some people can enter into chronic fatigue, tonsillitis can also occur which is severe for 6-7 days and is resolved in 7-10 days. You can use mucolytics steam inhalation and anti inflammatory to help your nose problems. After some days the disease will start resolving.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mononucleosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.