Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

I have Heat Intolerance because I consume too much caffeine.

User Profile
How do I get rid of Heat Intolerance? The cause of my heat intolerance is from consuming a massive amount of caffeine? I'm 16. How long would it take for my body to go back to normal? Is there any remedy for my heat intolerance? Any medicine? Please help, I'm desperate to get rid of this. It makes me feel as if I'm on fire.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2013
Experienced User
It depends on how much caffeine was ingested. It is also best to wait this out and not consume any more caffeine. By the next day this should've dissipated.

That being said if you are having difficulty with heat and some time has passed. I would suggest seeing a doctor as difficulty to process heat may indicate issue, however, it is unlikely anything will show up.

Best of luck.
|

replied December 14th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Caffeine is a drug and is quite addictive. A person who drinks liquids that contain caffeine can experience physical symptoms such as headaches during withdrawal and so quantities of caffeine should be withdrawn gradually.

Using caffeine tablets (Pro-plus) to stay awake can result in a good dose of the shakes and a trip to the emergency room if too many are taken.

I have not heard of caffeine in any quantity causing an intolerance to heat. You don't say how your intolerance manifests itself but it is likely this is caused by something other than the caffeine or as well as the caffeine and a medical opinion should be sought.

It isn't unusual for young people to have such a high metabolism they almost glow in the dark with heat. It is not surprising such a person doesn't deal with high temperatures very well.
The condition does tend to reduce over time...
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Cut your caffeine back to 16 ounces a day...Also drink a good supply of water...At least 8 glasses a day...Caffeine cannot only mess with your blood, it can also make your heart beat faster...If this continues talk to your Cardiologist...Take care...

Caroline...
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2013
Experienced User
In moderation, caffeine is a usually a very safe stimulant that can provide benefits such as alertness and improved mood. However, too much caffeine consumption can cause a range of side effects. For most people, about 300 mg of caffeine a day is a healthy level of caffeine consumption. That is roughly equivalent to three cups of coffee. However, it is important to recognize that caffeine levels vary widely in coffee, tea and other caffeine-containing substances.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....