Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I have had Vertigo since August of 2009!

User Profile
Hello I have had Vertigo since August of 2009. Onset of this was very sudden, and completely knocked me off my feet. Over time the feeling of falling over was better, however the spinning in my head continues and occassionally gives me an unsteady feeling with my balance. I have been to an ENT Doctor, my MD, and a Therapist for head re-positioning treatments, currently trying Holalistic chiropractic methods. I have had several weeks of hot flashes during the nights only, but that has stopped. The dizziness continues daily! Sometimes it's only when I go to bed and when I wake up and sometimes it's those times and during the day. It's got a mind of it's own and I never know when or how bad it will be. I have a lot of stress, but that has been the norm for the past couple of years. I also have a very low blood pressure, which is also quite normal for me. What can I do? This is controlling my daily living and my causing me even more stress than I already have.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A21840
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

From the description it seems that you might have been having vertigo.

You might benefit by consulting a ENT doctor who can prescribe medications like vertin, to control your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.