Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

I have 2 dents in the top of my skull ?

I am a mother that is 32 years old. I have noticed that I have 2 dents in the top of my skull that have started at the hair line and are going back. I am a mother of four kids and I have not hit my head or got hit in the head to cause these. If anyone can help me out and let me know what to do, I am scared.
Melinda
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Melinda,

This is an extremely common question, both here on eHealth and elsewhere on the internet. If you do a search at the top right corner of the screen, you will get hundreds of postings on the subject. In one posting, a gentleman even posted a picture of his "dents". The same is true if you "Google" the subject.

There are probably hundreds of reasons for dents or bumps on the skull/scalp. In fact, phrenology, is an old folk science of reading the bumbs and dents in a person's skull.

The overwhelming majority of these are benign. But, there is no way of telling you exactly why you have yours over the internet.

Since you are so concerned about them, you should probably see your physician for an evaluation.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: hair, head, back hair
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....