I have Borderline Personality Disorder

How can I help myself???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
purpleemmie,

Get professional help, take your meds if prescribed, go to therapy, work with your therapist.

This is a life long disorder, which has no cure, but can be managed. It will take quite a bit of effort on your part, but there are people out there who can help you.

Good luck.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
Yes, go to a doctor! I just recently learnt that I have it too(I've been treated only for depression for several years now)..they said I should try cognitive behavioural therapy..
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Practice Mindfulness. Have loved ones understand BPD and how to react to your outbursts (with the SET model for example). Run, don't walk and get a copy of "I Hate You Don't Leave Me" to understand more about yourself and have your spouse/loved ones read it too. Find a therapist, yes....but only one who is experienced in treating Borderline Personality Disorder with DBT therapy (a form of Cognitive Behavioral Therspy)...the ONLY therapy that works for this complex disorder. Don't bother going to therapy at all if s/he doesn't know this therapy or hasn't had extensive training with Borderlines before! Meds help regulate moods, anger etc. The other commenter is right....this isn't going away, be diligent and don't give up! Good luck to you.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....