User Profile
Dr I have 3 small lumps around the anal area that I have been told are warts I habe been with my wife for 7 years and we have both been faithful to each other I am just wondering how I have caught them and how long they will last and once they have gone is it ok to have intercourse with my wife again?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2013
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A43339

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. It is not possible to precisely confirm a diagnosis without physical examination but from the symptoms, this bump can be anything like folliculitis, cysts or genital wart(caused by HPV infection). Out of these only genital wart is sexually transmitted. The virus causing genital warts(HPV) can be transmitted in periods of asymptomatic shedding also and the virus may resurface at a later date. The only way with which you can confirm the diagnosis is by biopsy of the lesion for HPV. You should consult your doctor for the tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.