Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I have asthma, and I might have GERD, and panic attacks

I really need some help with what could be going wrong with me. I started having these problems about a year ago when I was 15, now I'm 16 and I just dont know what I should do.. these things are ruining my life.

Every day I suffer from -

Breathing issues (shortness of breath)
Constant burping that gives a short relief to the shortness of breath
Heartburn
Lightheaded feeling, and feeling like I'm going to fall over
AND, Anxiety and panic because of the above issues

I know for a fact I have asthma, and I think I might have GERD, and between those 2 it makes me get panic attacks and I worry about these issues all day long.. Its happening every day and its ruining my life.. I have no idea whats wrong or where to go.

My doctor said to just use over the counter meds incase I do have acid reflux, but those dont help much at all. And I was on sertraline in the past, but I stopped taking it a few months ago.

I'd love if I could get some recommendations as to what to do and where to go with this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank rstuedes for this post: plasmarules  plasmarules 

replied April 8th, 2012
Get Glutagenics by Metagenics for the GERD and try not to use OTC medications, they only mask the issue. Try to find your triggers, red meat, chocolate, etc., eating late? Take a good probiotic and take digestive enzymes with every meal. Get a fish oil that's higher DHA than EPA (500mg to 400mg for example, Carlson's Cod Liver Oil). For the asthma try drinking more filtered water every day, at least 1lt but try to get through 2lt and listen to your body for thirst cues, don't drink too much if you're not thirsty. For the anxiety and panic try taking 100mg 5-HTP 2xday around 6pm and 8pm for a couple weeks and then move down to once a day in the evening. D3 (5,000IU/day) is good for depression and anxiety also. Make an appointment to see an ND.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
GERD affects up to 20% of all American adults. But what are the characteristics of this gastro-intestinal disease? And what are some effects of GERD?...
GERD can be uncomfortable. But who is at risk of developing GERD? And what muscle is responsible for GERD? Read on for risk factors and causes of GERD here....
How do you know if you're having heartburn or a heart attack? We define symptoms of both ... plus details on when to seek help for GERD here....