Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

I have a relationship with a guy 6 years older than me....

User Profile
No, mom my doesn't know. And, I don't want to tell her. She will freak out. Heck, she freaked out over me liking a 16-year-old guy before... Ugh, but, this guy, he's 20. He's AMAZING! I love him, and he loves and respects me and everything! I know, it sounds pedophile-ish but, it's not, he is a wonderful guy. I just don't know... is what I'm doing wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
zelda, If you are too scared to tell your mom, you know you are doing something wrong.

With your ages, any sexual contact will land him in jail for rape and brand him as a sex offender so be very very careful.

Take care
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
If this guy is six years older than you, then he is 22...He is a man and you are a girl of sixteen...Unfortunately, I know a girl of your age will not listen to anyone...She will instead go out of her way to prove everyone wrong...Honey, he isn't good for you....He is using you....You are jail bait and yes, by law he is a sex offender...The trouble with us Mom's is that we not only didn't know about what you kids were doing and if we did there was no way on earth that we could control you enough to stop you....I know...Been there and done that...Not me, but her....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Stop being with him. you'll get hurt.
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Well since your 13 ( I read your other thread about being depressed) I would highly advise you date within your own age group.

Ok so this guy might be sweet and caring, but you need to realize that he can get you both in a lot of trouble if your parents find out about this. Maybe he is just really immature, but he needs to get his act together ASAP and realize he can mess his life up by messing with young girls like this.

I think you should tell him you do not want to be anything more than friends, and just avoid hanging out with him (For both of your sakes) until you are at least 18+
|

replied July 16th, 2010
When i was 16 I met a man that was 8 years older than me. 3 years later we got married and now over 8 years later we are going to have a baby. Hes always been very good to me. I didnt tell my mom how old he was. once she got to know him it didnt matter. Weve never split up. ive never felt as if he was using me. Yes I do see alot of wierdo older guys getting with younger girls but sometimes its not the case. Sometimes you dont realize the age difference until you already see how well you are together. I was the first girl he ever dated that was more than 2 years younger than him. Does your bf have a reputation of dating younger girls? if so, do you think that when you are no longer young that he will go to the next younger girl?
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Experienced User
Just for clarification... this girl is 13 not 16 and she is "in love with" a 20 year old man.

My first thought is wth is this man thinking. Obviously a 13 year old girl doesnt know her *ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to being in love but a 20 year old man encouraging that from a 13 year old girl is creepy and illegal. I think you should tell your mom about it. Tell her how much you "love" him and how mature you are for your age, far beyond other girls your age im sure, and how adept you are at fending off a man when he wants to have sex with you and how prepared you are for the consequences. Im sure she will understand...not. Tell her whats going on so she can do her duty as your mother and protect you from yourself and most of all from him.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Unfortunately, what you are seeing written by this girl happens...I usually read all posts before I post on them....I didn't on this one...If so I would have used her photo and age and put them together....What she speaks about does happen...I know...I have walked this walk in life...I, too, had a daughter...The younger guys are not mature enough for these girls in heat (that is if they are or if they are just looking for the attention that they crave)...The older man gets a hold on them...They love the attention...They live with promises and very often are the ones that push the sex into it...This is what they want...This unknown happening that is supposed to be so wonderful...He wants his sexual thrills...In other words lots of oral sex....She gives it and is his puppet....This happening from the point of a parent is uncontrollable...They will do anything to get to this "lover" as they think....It is only years from now that they will realize what they have lost....Drugs play a part of this too...Seeing this is in my backyard it is, was and always will be a sad point in our life...But it is my past and makes up who I am in learning of life and gives me the ability to speak of what I know...It is sad....Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2010
he doesn't want oral sex. refuses to have sex with me. and respects me. he has set many boundaries. he's good to me. and we love each other. so why should age matter?
|

replied November 30th, 2010
What if he really loves her? -.- as i love a 16 years old girl, i'm 21.
|
Quick Reply