Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

I have a painless, soft, very movable lump in the neck

Hi Smile, So a month ago I was messing around with my body and then I found this soft, painless and movable lump in the back of my neck its under my hair. I'm 13 years old, I'm really anxious about this. Its bothering me every day.. I have no symptoms such as fever/ night sweats/ weight loss and etc.. The lump is very very movable, It didn't change in size at all. I have this feeling that it was in my neck for years. I went to a doc and he said its a lipoma and he tolled me not to worry about it but its still bugging me. please help! Thanks Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2014
Thank you for asking

Lipomas are innocuous. if it has been there for 6 years and haven't caused a trouble, then it wont in future. But if it bothers you, you can always excise it any time.

Your choice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.