Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

i got checked for hiv and herpes, but...

Ok im mike 3months ago me and a female performed oral sex on eachother and as of now i am really freaking out..im not forsure that she had anything but she had 2bumps on her lower buttock when she lay on her back she seem fine but idk i had a weird feeling those bumps mean something ..like hiv ..so im honestly thinking i have it i dont knw if its mental but we performed this on january 20th, 2012....i got checked for hiv and herpes on febuary 20th, 2012....I Was negative for hiv......BUT Positive for hsv 1(oral herpes)........BUT Im looking on the internet and freaking out! Diagnosing myself and freaking out i really need help by a doctors advice....I Dont have no signs of hiv feel fine no weight loss..LYMPH Nods or not swollen..NO Fever...NO Vomiting ..I Am stressed out bad and depressed....THE Guy told me to come back in 6months to take another hiv test it is now april 30th, 2012....I Go back in july 20th,2012 to take another hiv test and i am so freaking out and thinking i have hiv......THE Only thing is i have a slight white coating on my tongue and red spots at the back of my tongue..THE Doctor told me i didnt have thrush ...I Am seriously in need of advice..AND I thinking i have hiv....i have gained weight and all...i am so stressed...PLEASE Help me someone!....I Would really thank you..DEEPLY From my heart....PLEASE I need this advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2012
First of all, calm down and take slow, deep breaths. The latency period of the virus, or average time between infection of the host (and a possible presentation) and the host acquiring immunodeficiency syndrome, is 6-10 years. I'm a medical student. The range of presentations when a person is infected with HIV is asymptomatic (you don't experience any symptoms) to a mononucleosis-like syndrome of fever, extreme fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes and occurs in the first few months. Go to the retest on July 20th. Don't use caps like that anymore if you can. HIV/AIDs is basically treated with one pill these days, a mark of the intellect in science and the tremendous progression through the work of scientists
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
MIKE2059,

If you do the HIV antibody test at the three month point or later, and that is negative, then you are truly HIV negative. If you continue to experience symptoms after that, then you should test for HTLV and other infections.

Best wishes.
|

replied May 19th, 2012
thank you tony dewitt....what is HTLV?...and is it bad..and i havent got tested yet..im going to wait til july 21st.....so please pray for me
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Let us know how your next test goes
Mike,

"Bad" is a relative term - currently no treatment exists for HTLV. Let us know how your next test goes.

Best wishes.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....